Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Signs of Spring

Until last Sunday, 95% of my yard was covered by snow.  Then it rained for 3 days.  Now there are only a few drifts of snow left.


Honeybees are awake and searching for food.
Remember that pesticides kill honeybees, and
without honeybees we will have no fruit.
Yesterday afternoon I sat out on my porch for the first time in 2014.  I love that porch - it extends my home out into the neighborhood.  It lets me sit comfortably while I greet the neighbors, listen to the bird song, enjoy my gardens.

Where the snow is gone, there are crocuses blooming - small, half-wild crocuses that were just waiting for the snow to melt before they opened up.  Each crocus was attended by several honeybees.  The bees had also been waiting for the warmth to emerge from their hives.

No comments:

Post a Comment