Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Congratulations! I was Wrong!

My back yard when I woke up this morning - after you were already in school.
I don't enjoy being incorrect when I predict a snow day, although the extraordinary El NiƱo this year has given me plenty of practice.  I expect that I will get even more practice in the years to come, since someone forgot to tell the climate about the political agenda in this country.

Once again a storm flew through much faster than expected, and the sleet was over early enough for the roads to be cleared in time for school.  Only the far northern part of the state had late school openings.

On the other hand, while teachers in WeHa still had to go in and race through shortened classes so they can sit through faculty meetings this afternoon, and students had to slog through the slush and rain to get to class, remember this:

You are still on track to get out of school on Friday, June 10.  Congratulations!



No comments:

Post a Comment