Monday, December 9, 2013

Who Was Wrong?

Me, or West Hartford Public Schools?   My last update before today's weather was:

       I am now guessing 99% chance of late opening (probable), and now increasing to 60% chance of no school at all in West Hartford on Monday.

Students, better do your homework, just in case.  We can study the weather, but the Board of Education is beyond understanding.

The bands of heavy snow never reached us, so I was optimistic on the closing, but by 5:30 this morning, every public school in central Connecticut had announced a delayed opening - except for West Hartford Public Schools.   Every private school in West Hartford and the School for the Deaf had a delayed opening - but not West Hartford Public Schools.

So, I'm hoping that you students did your homework.  Teachers, I hope that you made it in safely, and at least you don't have to reschedule whatever you had planned for today.

I am watching Tuesday's weather, and right now I don't think that there will be an early dismissal.  

But the Board of Education is beyond understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment